Sunday, February 9, 2014

Week 5 - A1

A1 is finally near completion with just the doc strings left which personally, are the most annoying things to write because its so much writing. But it pales in comparison to the amount of work it took to finish everything else. One of the most annoying parts was getting the GUIController to work because I had to spend several hours debugging. I'm not sure exactly what I changed, but somehow after changing like 3 things, everything worked. I'm still trying to figure out what I changed to get it to work because there have been so many instances where I literally change one thing and everything works. It feels good that everything work especially the algorithm for A1.

The tour.py algorithm for A1 is really really annoying because when trying to find the algorithm, the tracking of which variables are which gets so confusing especially once you add more and more cheeses. I have been lost in my tracking of the variables as to which one are representing which. I don't know how many papers I have scrunched up and threw away because I got lost. However, after finally not getting lost, the feeling of accomplishment was amazing. It wasn't the best solution, but party darn close. The key to figuring it out for me was keeping track of source, dest, int1 and int2 meticulously. I drew everything out on paper and then bamn, everything made sense. Never under estimate the power of paper and pen. It is your best friend when it comes to recursion and you have to keep track of variables that change. Happy tracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment